You either enjoy a roller coaster ride or you don’t, and after the first five days of the US Open, some of the seeded players may have been wondering if they were on the wrong one.
Let us take a look at how things currently stand.
Ladies Top 10
- Karolina Pliskova – Will face Shuai Zhang in the 3rd round : Pliskova leads H2H 4-0
- Simona Halep – Lost to Maria Sharapova in the 1st round
- Garbine Muguruza – Will face Petra Kvitova in the 4th round : Kvitova leads H2H 2-1
- Elina Svitolina – Will face Shelby Rogers in the 3rd round : Svitolina leads H2H 2-0
- Caroline Wozniacki – Lost to Ekaterina Makarova in the 2nd round
- Angelique Kerber – Lost to Naomi Osaka in the 1st round
- Johanna Konta – Lost to Aleksandra Krunic in the 1st round
- Svetlana Kuznetsova – Lost to Kurumi Nara in the 2nd round
- Venus Williams – Will face Carla Suarrez Navarro in the 4th round : Williams leads H2H 4-3
- Agnieszka Radwanska – Will face Coco Vandeweghe in the 3rd round : Radwanska leads H2H 5-1
The race for No. 1 is now between Pliskova, Muguruza and Svitolina, so all to play for in the next week.
Men’s Top 10
- Rafael Nadal – Will face Leonardo Mayer in the 3rd round : Nadal leads H2H 3-0
- Roger Federer – Will face Feliciano Lopez in the 3rd round : Federer leads H2H 12-0
- Alexander Zverev – Lost to Borna Coric in the 2nd round
- Marin Cilic – Lost to Diego Schwartzmann in the 3rd round
- Dominic Thiem – Will face Adrian Mannarino in the 3rd round : Thiem leads H2H 5-0
- Grigor Dimitrov – Lost to Andrey Rublev in the 2nd round
- Jo-Wilfred Tsonga – Lost to Denis Shapovalov in the 2nd round
- David Goffin – Will face Gael Monfils in the 3rd round : Monfils leads H2H 2-1
- John Isner – Lost to Mischa Zverev in the 3rd round
Nadal and Federer are battling it out for the No. 1 spot.
In quite the contrast to his Wimbledon results, Federer has already been involved in two close five-setter matches.
The weather forecast for the next week is looking a bit dodgy, with rain expected tomorrow and from Wednesday to Friday.